Re: [NTLK] vodafone + newt = supergizmo

From: Luiz Petroni (lpetroni_at_compassoarte.com.br)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 17:30:22 PDT

Hi Roman:

I would like to know if the vodafone card really behaves & works
*exactly* as the original GlobeTrotter with your scripts.

This info very is important for me 'cause I intend to use the vodafone
card loaded with a SIM card from TIM Network in Brazil and if the
Vodafone card is somehow locked to a specific operator than it will
render useless in my country (something like what I believe happens
with the Nokia PhoneCard from Orange Network).

I did not find any Option GlobeTrotter card for sale in eBay (searching
for PCMCIA + GPRS + all eBay sites). Since a month or two some vodafone
branded cards started to pop in my search results and I thing they
could be a interesting choice - the prices in the end of the auctions
are usually very high though!

Any info would be of great help.

--lpetroni

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html