Re: [NTLK] Can I use these cables instead of a USB adapter?

From: Martin Erdner (martinerdner_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2003 - 07:41:38 PDT

I have no problems with the combination of
usb<->serial (pc-COM-Port) and the
newton<->pc-COM-cable (was in the newton-package,
but third party-cables should do the same IMO).

MP130 and TiBook are connecting fine (only tried OSX
with newten and some other OSX-apps). As i remember some
users had/have problems with using the keyspan-driver
under classic (usually OS9 started in OSX). But since you
only need a package-installer, newten should do it and it is
working with USA19W here.

Printing to HPLJ over serial? Never tried that, sorry.

Martin

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html