Re: [NTLK] Sibling justification

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2003 - 21:48:31 PDT

on 05/06/03 22:00, Tom McDougal at tmcdougal_at_newted.org wrote:

> Is there a trick to using Sibling justification? It seems flakey. I try using
> SiblingRight/SiblingBottom to get views to line up horizontally/vertically
> adjacent to one another. This has worked sometimes, but sometimes they all end
> up on top of each other, no matter what the parent justification is.
>
> -Tom

If you have Programming for the Newton, go back read the sections describing
siblings and parents. There are very specific rules at play, but when you
get them, it's relatively easy to set them up like you want.

-Laurent.

fat electrons n.: Old-time hacker David Cargill's theory on the causation of
computer glitches. Your typical electric utility draws its line current out
of the big generators with a pair of coil taps located near the top of the
dynamo. When the normal tap brushes get dirty, they take them off line to
clean them up, and use special auxiliary taps on the bottom of the coil.
Now, this is a problem, because when they do that they get not ordinary or
`thin' electrons, but the fat'n'sloppy electrons that are heavier and so
settle to the bottom of the generator. These flow down ordinary wires just
fine, but when they have to turn a sharp corner (as in an integrated-circuit
via), they're apt to get stuck. This is what causes computer glitches.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html