Re: [NTLK] LOCALTALK and ethernet drivers.

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sat Jun 07 2003 - 01:04:43 PDT

On Saturday, June 7, 2003, at 12:32 AM, Joshua K Braddock wrote:

> I was wondering, since i got so many replies from the last localtalk
> msg ;-)
> if anyone would help me setup my IP addy for my LC II for my bridge.. i
> obviously am not doing it right.. Also, does anyone know if there is a
> driver
> for XIRCOM ce3b-100btx PCMCIA in MAC Os? I stick the card in the slot,
> and it
> recognizes it as a 10/100 card, but it doesnt have the drivers..
> Thanks in
> advanced. :-) Josh
>
> BTW, i have a 1 complete emate and 2 parts emates forsale. the 2 parts
> are
> missing the video cables though cause i sold them. Also, i just got a
> PB
> 5300CS to go with my other emate :-)

Setting up the localtalk bridge is mondo simple.

Usually you drop it in the extensions folder. Configure both
interfaces (ie appletalk on printer port, tcp/IP configured on
ethernet) and reboot.

When you reboot appletalk can be routed across this system, so you
should be able to see old localtalk printers on the ethernet for
example.

The TCP/IP setup is very simple also. do a google for open transport
or Mac TCP/IP if you need more info.

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html