[NTLK] Need help: Weird OMP system version problem

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sat Jun 07 2003 - 15:58:12 PDT

Hi all,

there seems to be another problem with the OMP system versions
listed in the FAQ. The FAQ mentions the following system versions:

US & International English updates:
Newton OS System update 1.1.1 for 1.1 ROM OMP's (over System version
1.1.0)

German updates
OMP D-1.1.1 (over D-1.10) which was factory pre-installed

My problem is that I have a German Siemens Notephone OMP here that has
system version 1.1.0 (without the "D-") which, according to the above
mentioned FAQ, is an English system. A reply to my recent post shows
there is at least one other Gerrman Siemens Notephone OMP out there with

this version.

It is, of course, possible that Apple used the same version number for
the German and the English system back in the good ol' days. But I doubt
that. Maybe the FAQ is wrong and there does not exist an English
1.1.0 system version. But with >1700 list members out there it shouldn't
be too difficult to shed some light on this problem. Could EVERY OMP
user
out there please do me a favor and have a look at the OMP's system
version?
You find it at the bottom of the "Konfig." (German system) or
"Prefs" (English system) dialog. Please reply off-list, I think this
isn't
too exciting for the majority of the list members.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html