[NTLK] VoiceNotes worth it or can the newton just record better?

From: Christian Burk (cmburk75_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Jun 08 2003 - 13:00:32 PDT

Now that I seem to have my rechargeable battery working again, I've
been playing around with the voice recorder in Notes.
Does anyone know why on my unupgraded MP 2000, the sound skips or
repeats (much like a CD actually) during playback? It's pretty bad. I
have recorded at different levels, 2kb/s, 4 kb/s and 5 kb/s and there
is no audible improvement. Is there anyway to improve it? Does playback
improve by upgrading to 2100 RAM?

I remember trying out the demo of VoiceNotes, which seemed to work just
fine on my newton. Does anyone else own it? Is it worth the $40? I'd
like to find out.

Christian

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html