[NTLK] [ANN] PDFConv V0.2.2

From: Hendrik Lipka (hendrik.lipka_at_gmx.de)
Date: Tue Jun 10 2003 - 08:17:36 PDT

Hello,

I'm pleased to announce version 0.2.2 of PDFConv. 0.2.1 was released, but I
forgot the announcement :(

The highlights:
- first version with Mac support, there is a mac tgz archive under
  http://www.hendriklipka.de/newton/files/pdfconv-0.2.2-mac.bin.tgz
  This was done with the tool osxize, and needs _much_ testing!
- '-pages'-option to select pages to extract
- internal scaling of PDFs is now possible, this should result in better
  quality when downscaling (it needs manual work)
- option write BMP images as grayscale or B&W
- possibility to use a config file
- better verbose output
- some bugfixes (scaling down images, some library problems)
- ISBN is now truncated to 16 characters

Download is as usual under http://www.hendriklipka.de/newton/pdfconv.html

Next todos:
- add a simple GUI
- maybe bugfixes for the Mac version
- better logging
- and maybe I can experiment with text extraction

Have fun,

hli

--
Møøse trained to mix concrete and                                 Hendrik Lipka
sign complicated insurance forms                           hendrik.lipka_at_gmx.de