Re: [NTLK] help on PPP on IrDA

From: Daniel Padilla (dproldan_at_telefonica.net)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 17:18:58 PDT

   Follow the steps "Mobile internet over IrCOMM" in the Nitro page.
http://www.40hz.org/Nitro/

For the last two steps, and if you're going to use GPRS, read this thread:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=102875729817763&w=2
and
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=104626904226832&w=2

     As an email client, SimpleMail is a good choice.
http://www.simple.dial.pipex.com/

    And it's user guide: http://www.simple.dial.pipex.com/SM%20Guide.pdf

D.

I just got of the beautiful new Siemens S 56 phone I had been talking
about. I just installed nitro.

  I have poked around looking for tutorials and I'm completely lost as
to how to connect to the Internet (mainly send and receive e-mail)
using the phone as my modem.

  I have Service with cingular, and have an Internet data plan with them.

  I will be very very grateful to anyone who can help me out. Thank you.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html