Re: [NTLK] Dialing from Newt

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Sun Jun 15 2003 - 01:35:12 PDT

On zondag, juni 15, 2003, at 05:12 AM, Peter Cameron wrote:
>> Forget about worksites. Go to the time zones application, find your
>> city, or add it if it doesn't exist, and fill the fields about area
>> code,
>> etc.
> This doesn't really work (at least I couldn't make it work) if you
> have
> more than one area code and places within a single area code can be
> local or
> long distance and calls between area codes can be local or LD
> depending on
> where you are in the code.
> For that, you need worksites.

I just got up, so bear with me, I'll try to reconstruct the flash of
genius I had once...

I had the same problem a long time ago and if I remember it right I did
the following:

I created a city in my own country in Time Zones that doesn't exist
with an area code that doesn't exist.
The name I chose was (quite appropriate I might ad ;-) 'Unnamed City'
(the Newton's default I think) and since we have a three number area
code over here (070) I gave it a not existing one (0707070) that the
Newt doesn't understand.
Next I created a new Worksite and called it 'Always with area code',
chose my 'Unnamed City' and entered the area code 0707070 once more.

I'm pretty sure that this was the whole workaround that handled the
problem for me. I never change anything in my Owner Info or Time Zones
anymore as long as I stay in my country. My Newt always dials the area
code first and the local phone central happily accepts this.

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html