Re: [NTLK] <ot>MacOS on iPaq?

From: Rick Ludwig (bensisko_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Jun 16 2003 - 15:38:24 PDT

I'd have to say that the Pocket PC OS (Which is not Windows CE in the
traditional sense) is a very good attempt from MS. A Newton it is not,
but it's a pretty powerful PDA. Yes it has it's downsides, but if you
want Multimedia in your pocket, it's an great device. It really depends
on what you want your PDA to do.

If you like the OS or not is all a matter of opinion. I happen to like
my iPaq (although I think that PPC 2000 is better visually than 2002).
I would use my iPaq a lot more if the screen was bigger like the
Newtons is.

For portable writing, though, nothing beats a Newton 2x00 and a Newton
Keyboard!
I also love the fact that I can get two months of heavy use with
keyboard and backlight with a set of 4 Photolithium batteries. =)

-Rick

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html