Re: [NTLK] Phoenix ala Newton? (rumor alert)

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Jun 17 2003 - 19:23:09 PDT

somewhere near the temporal coordinates of 6/17/03 8:41 PM, the entity known
as Mark transmitted the following from markr13_at_comcast.net:

> As someone who has been involved in a significant number of patent
> filings, I can tell you that this is an old patent that has been renewed
> at significant expense. The US did not start issuing unexamined patents
> until about 2000. This patent dates back to 1995 (obviously, with a
> picture of an MP1X0) and had to be abandoned and re-filed. If it were
> just an original filing being prosecuted, it would not have been issued
> now as an unexamined patent application as it would follow the rules from
> when it was filed (only the fully issued patents were published then). As
> such, it appears that there is a real, current reason for this to pop up
> now. What they have up their sleeves, is anyone's guess.

Steve's pride is what they likely have up their sleeves. Mr. Turtleneck
must surely know by now that an MP2100 redone with 2003 components would
make a ton of money, but he killed it and by Jobs it's gonna stay dead. But
knowing it could really take off, he has to keep the IP protected so he
doesn't get embarrassed by somebody ELSE making a ton of money with it...

(OK, now that I've gotten my cynicism purged for the day, I feel much
better. ;-) )

- Eric.

Don't let ANYONE else make a fool of you!  If you want something done
right, you've got to do it yourself!!
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html