[NTLK] Newton compatible iPod

From: Doctor Clu (drclu_at_swbell.net)
Date: Fri Jun 20 2003 - 17:16:52 PDT

on 6/20/03 4:54 PM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net at newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
wrote:

> From: "ADyson" <ADyson_at_go.to>
> Subject: [NTLK] Newton compatible iPod
> Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 14:30:29 -0400
>
> Just a thought. How hard would it be for Apple to make a Newton compatible
> iPod?
> I for one would buy one or two.

    Not a bad idea eh?

    Well, in truth, the there is not a touch screen on the iPod, the screen
is MUCH smaller, much less resolution... the one thing that the iPod DOES
have that the Newton does not is a HUGE amount of storage. (At least in
comparison to the Newton).

    People are taking iPods and turning them into handy little units that
hold a lot and can play solitare, keep addresses, etc. I guess a Newton-esk
OS could be made, but how would you talk to other Newtons?

    What actually would be great is if you could somehow interlink the two.
Newton take advantage of the iPod's space, the iPod take advantage of the
Newton's larger screen.

    A disfunctional marriage, but like all bad marriages, would at least
have a few... perks. ;)

>octor <lu iEG ;j,
                 .K#Ef i##f:
        E#WL .: :KWi.