Re: [NTLK] re Works

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Jun 24 2003 - 06:38:32 PDT

on 24/06/03 08:11, lvr at lvrooy_at_iafrica.com wrote:

> From Laurent on 23jun03:
> -- I would try to retrieve the NewtonWorks entry in the system
> --soup that keeps the Works preferences and I would delete it. You need a soup
> --editor to do that, like Software Bureau Mueller 'Utilities'.
>
> Does SAI Prefs Cleaner do the same? Tried it; could only find the
> WorksBetter prefs. which I deleted (package delete d long ago).

Better off doing the remove yourself. I'm not sure what Prefs Cleaner uses,
and if the Works packages are still there, I doubt that Prefs Cleaner will
delete the preference entry in the system soup...

-Laurent.

flowchart n.: [techspeak] An archaic form of visual control-flow
specification employing arrows and 'speech balloons' of various shapes.
Hackers never use flowcharts, consider them extremely silly, and associate
them with COBOL programmers, card wallopers, and other lower forms of life.
This attitude follows from the observations that flowcharts (at least from a
hacker's point of view) are no easier to read than code, are less precise,
and tend to fall out of sync with the code (so that they either obfuscate it
rather than explaining it, or require extra maintenance effort that doesn't
improve the code). See also PDL, sense 1.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html