[NTLK] IBM microdrives, ATA support and MadMax

From: Andy Collins (acollins_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Thu Jun 26 2003 - 02:20:02 PDT

Hi Folks,

Is there anyone out there using an IBM microdrive with Madmax? If so how
does it perform?

I'm currently using CF cards but I'm finding the performance very poor. It
takes ages to download a track to CF. If I download to the internal store
and move a track across it often hangs (and I waited over and hour just
incase).

I was wondering if the Microdrive is faster in this case. I know
technically the mechanism isn't that fast but it does have a 128kb RAM
buffer so that may make it workable.

Any feedback appreciated.

Cheers.

Andy.