Re: [NTLK] New freeware - Match wines with foods

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Jun 28 2003 - 11:46:23 PDT

on 28/06/03 14:37, Stephanie Maks at newton_at_maksystems.com wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I've just added a new bit of Newton freeware to my website.
>
> It's a little program to facilitate matching wines with foods and vice
> versa. I wrote it for my own use, but figured others might enjoy it too.
>
> It's just version 1, and while I haven't found any bugs in it you never
> know. It's also not yet fully comprehensive, just matching 14 varieties of
> wine with 17 kinds/styles of food. I'm open to suggestions & advice for
> expanding the lists.
>
> The program and the source are both available from my general newton
> software page at:
> http://www.felesmagus.com/newton/
>
> Enjoy!

Thanks, I'll give it a shot!

-Laurent.

brain dump n.: [common] The act of telling someone everything one knows
about a particular topic or project. Typically used when someone is going to
let a new party maintain a piece of code. Conceptually analogous to an
operating system core dump in that it saves a lot of useful state before an
exit. "You'll have to give me a brain dump on FOOBAR before you start your
new job at HackerCorp." See core dump (sense 4). At Sun, this is also known
as `TOI' (transfer of information).
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html