Re: [NTLK] AC adapter without battery-- should it work

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Mon Jun 30 2003 - 12:28:59 PDT

>Is it not possible to run the Newton using the AC adapter only without
>a battery installed? Or will the Newton only work if a battery or
>battery tray is in the device?

The Newton 2x00 works fine with only the ac adapter or only the battery
connected. What you describe sounds like

a) a dead power adapter or
b) A defect on the 2x00's mainboard.

Can you test the power adapter with a voltmeter or with
another Newton? Also, please excuse the question, are you sure the ac
outlet is working?

I have some 2100 mainboards I could be talked into parting with.
Let me know if you can't get it fixed and you are interested.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html