[NTLK] Help with Ethernet on 2100

From: magicpenguin_at_torpedobird.com
Date: Sat Mar 01 2003 - 14:45:44 PST

Hello all, I am new here, and actually heard about this place because
of the following problem:

I have a newton 2100 (original, not upgraded), and I recently bought a
3com ethernet card for it. It is the 3c589d incase that helps.
My problem is that I cannot appear to get it to work. I tried getting
newtscape to connect to apple.com, and it says: "problem trying to
communicate with PC" I have NIE 2.0 installed, along with all the
necessary packages, as well as the driver for said card.

Another, perhaps related problem, is an error message I receive saying
"their is a problem with the card (-61001)"

Is the driver at fault? something else?
Any help is appreciated.

~The Penguin

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html