Re: [NTLK] Erratic keyboard

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun Mar 02 2003 - 08:54:34 PST

on 3/2/03 11:23 AM, Hans Derycke at hans_at_derycke.com wrote:
> Unfortunately, my serial cable is one of those with the dongle
> built-in, that is, it connects directly to the interconnect port
> without a dongle. Maybe I can measure resistance across the dongle, and
> see if all pins at the DIN-side have a match at the interconnect-side.
    There's not too much that can go wrong with the dongle. They are pretty
solid.
    Does the keyboard cable seem to mate fairly solidly with the dongle (not
too much wiggle)? You might also try blasting the DIN connector on the
dongle with some compressed air in case there's dirt in it.
    Do you know anyone else with a Newton 130, 120 (NOS2) or 2x00 who could
test the keyboard for you to make sure it works?

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html