Re: [NTLK] NEED a dongle...

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sun Mar 02 2003 - 21:49:38 PST

on 02/03/03 22:17, David-Michael Cook at bluefusion_at_mac.com wrote:

> Hey all... I've been lurking for some time but need to ask you all if
> there is any way to get a 2100 dongle without spending $35-40? I really
> can't see spending that much for a tiny piece of plastic... especially
> when they were selling for $10-$15 only a few months ago. What
> happened? Why are they so scarce? Can someone direct me to one? Anyone
> have one they'd like to sell? I was trying to buy through eBay and got
> burned, and unfortunately I'd forfeited my other offer... damn.

Just a thought: the original dongle was sold $29.99 by Apple when they were
still supporting the Newton. So, $35 doesn't sound too bad...

-Laurent.

case and paste n.: [from `cut and paste'] 1. The addition of a new feature
to an existing system by selecting the code from an existing feature and
pasting it in with minor changes. Common in telephony circles because most
operations in a telephone switch are selected using case statements. Leads
to software bloat.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html