Re: [NTLK] UPDATE Contest over , some ?'s

From: Bill Miranda (txgitarman_at_attbi.com)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 19:05:20 PST

On Monday, March 3, 2003, at 01:35 PM, Martin Joseph wrote:
> Perhaps just encouraging people to visit with a bunch of links instead
> would allow for a simpler class of questions, or at least questions
> that don't seem to be so obscure.

I never could find the answer to that sandwich question. However, I
learned that you could re-enter after putting in a wrong answer so I
kept trying until I got it right. That approach generated some heckling
from the webmaster who know doubt identified that I was utterly
clueless! It did get me reading the profiles in the archive which was
of real value. Perhaps you might have told everyone that answers to all
questions could be found on that very site it might have helped. But
there's smart people here, I'm sure those that tried figured that out.
(Although there was someone trolling for answers on the MacAddict
forum).

> Although, obviously the traffic generated seems like it is the real
> issue.
>
> Maybe trying to get some mainstream web coverage from places like
> Xlr8yourmac or Maccentral or even slashdot for the contest would really
> drive your counter crazy???

MacAddict forum, maybe pdageek.com, smaller.com (?) I agree, I think
with that MacAddict article and other recent media attention driving a
mini revival of interest in the Newton there could be opportunities to
promote outside the converted to get a Newton for free to see what all
the fuss is about!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html