Re: [NTLK] Thanks for the input folks was Re: Contest at This Old Newt is over

From: This Old Newt (rich_at_thisoldnewt.net)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 06:18:17 PST

Quoting Chris Searles <csearles_at_t-online.de>:

> on 04.03.2003 11:07 Uhr, Robert Benschop at rbenschop_at_euronet.nl typed
> vigorously:
>
> > Not really true, I just entered the data from the question.
> > Like 'Was Steven Brown in the original Apple/Newton development team?'
> would
> > give you some data to enter in Google. 'Steven Brown Newton
> development'
> > would probably do the job.
> > I fail to see why everybody couldn't do this.
>
> Two remarks:
>
> 1) I don't believe all the answers were that easy to do a search for.
>
> 2) Nobody has answered my original question about who owns a copy of
> "Defying Gravity", in which some of the answers were supposed to be
> "hidden".
>
> chris searles

OK
I do have to chime in here and defend myself now.

There were only three or four questions per round.
One of them was always EASY EASY EASY.
There was also one answer to any question that was OBVIOUSLY wrong. (like my spelling)
There was always one question which required a visit to a prize supporters web site.
There was a week or more for each round.
The prizes were real nice thanks to some generous souls.

NONE of the winners were any of the fimiliar active members of this list.

There were some regular participants who eneterd a few times until they got it correct.
Many complaints in last years were its too silly and simple to ask " who wrote Newtscape" or " what color is a newton" every year

Keep the Green?

Rich
This Old Newt
www.thisoldnewt.net
Updated and Fresh Newton Information & Entertainment 1997-2003

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html