Re: [NTLK] Thanks for the input folks was Re: Contest at This Old Newt is over

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 11:12:22 PST

on 3/4/03 10:55 AM, Chris Searles at csearles_at_t-online.de wrote:

> Like I've got nothing better to do with my time than make "healthy use" of
> Google and TON archives to search for answers? Besides, being able to
> perform a "healthy" search means BEING ABLE TO KNOW what to search for, i.e.
> as in my original statement, you have to be one of the "enlightened ones" in
> order to know where to start looking.

Chris-

Your complaining is starting to sound like sour grapes! :-)

All I did for my searching was enter the words from the questions into
Google. I also started all my searching on TON first. It wasn't really that
hard. As Rich said, part of the point was for us to visit the sponsors'
pages, which was the tradeoff for the prizes, which were the best ever, in
my opinion. It certainly was worth the effort, if you won. It never took me
more than a few minutes, except when I got extremely side-tracked--which
happened frequently. There is a wealth of information out there, and
sometimes this kind of search turns up a gold mine! I can't complain one
bit.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland