Re: [NTLK] NCU extensions

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 05:54:13 PST

on 07/03/03 08:43, Michael Sciascia at msciascia_at_poc.it wrote:

> On Friday, Mar 7, 2003, at 12:39 Europe/Rome, Robert Benschop wrote:
>
>> on 07-03-2003 12:15, Michael Sciascia at msciascia_at_poc.it wrote:
>>
>>> The installer doesn't work and the copy I took form my Performa gives
>>> me always an Apple Talk problem, as some extensions are missing.
>>
>> That should be the 'AppleTalk ADSP Tool' and, if I'm not completely
>> off my
>> rocker, the only one I installed as well.
>>
> I found the extension in the Performa System folder and copied to the
> Titanium... and now, after a couple of attempts, NCU works :-)
> Thanks for the help!!!
> I realized that this extension was mentioned also in other mail about
> NCU issues, but then I didn't think to simply copy it to the extensions
> folder :o!
> Now I would disturb you with another question...
> I tried to copy a newtonWorks document to the Titanium with NCU, but I
> get another error about a missing extension.
> It says the "Claris NTDP" extension is missing.
> I looked for it in the NewtonWorks files I have on my computer and in
> the unna website, but couldn't find it...
> Can anyone tell me where I can find it or get over this problem?
> Do I need Claris Works to transfer this files to my computer?

No, you don't need ClarisWorks to transfer those files, but you might be
missing a few components from Claris that are also installed by the NCU
installer. Check in the System Folder of your Performa for a folder named
"Claris". Copy that folder to the System Folder of your Titanium. Also, look
for an extension in the Extensions folder inside the System Folder of your
Performa named "XTND Power Enabler". You might want to copy this one to your
Extensions folder on your Titanium.

-Laurent.

card walloper n.: An EDP programmer who grinds out batch programs that do
stupid things like print people's paychecks. Compare code grinder. See also
punched card, eighty-column mind.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html