Re: [NTLK] Easiest to swap: memory or touchscreen?

From: Doug Parker (dougparker_at_progressdata.com)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 05:14:41 PST

> So, for the hardware experts out here, which one would
> be the easiest to transplant? The memory or the screen?

Laurent,

If you're going after the motherboard, the screen is not that much further.
I'd suggest you take the time to reassemble the best parts from each unit to
get the best Newt possible. Frank's site has very nice disassembly and
reassembly instructions--and you don't have to know German! When reinserting
the screws, turn *backwards* until you feel the screw snap into its previous
thread, then tighten. You *never* want to be cutting brand new screw threads
when you reassemble any unit.

If you pull the screen out and you have the front of the case in hand,
consider Daniel's plastic trimming recommendation to chase those nasty
jaggies away. It's worked twice for me. The third and fourth times are going
to happen soon.

Doug Parker

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html