[NTLK] alt.rec... and ink text not getting along

From: Steven Frank (stevenf_at_panic.com)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 11:40:33 PST

I've noticed that if I have alt.rec... running, I have a problem with
ink text. For example, if I write a whole sentence in Notes with ink
text, highlight it, and double-tap, the Newton processes each word, but
only the first word is added to the note after the conversion.

Freezing alt.rec... eliminates the problem. Thaw it, problem returns.
Is this a known bug? Anything I can do about it? It's not a huge
deal, since I don't use ink text all that much, and the benefits of
alt.rec... seem to outweigh the bug. I just thought it was a little
strange. (This is on a 2100, btw)

Unrelated PS: Victor, thanks for the pointer to IOSelect. Exactly what
I needed!

Steven
http://stevenf.com/

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html