Re: [NTLK] Upgrade Silver Orinoco to Gold

From: Finn Thain (fthain_at_telegraphics.com.au)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2003 - 17:31:26 PST

> On 3/16/03 at 12:01 PM -0500, Brian Pearce wrote the following :
>
> >(unless your AirPort slot is easily accessible, like in the original
> >iBook)
>
> FWIW, that doesn't work either with the Orinoco Silver Card I have...
> the external antenna assembly on the card prevents the card from
> using the original iBook Airport slot... I am still trying to figure
> out how to upgrade my Silver.

I did this accidentally using OS X on a Quicksilver G4. When I powered it
up the logs revealed that the card had been flashed, much to my surprise.

I had the same problem that you have with the antenna housing, but with
the case open the card fits fine. Of course, you still have to find a g4
with the latest airport software installed...

--Finn

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html