Re: [NTLK] Repair or replace 2100?

From: andrew peleikis (sinewaiv_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 16:00:39 PST

On Tuesday, March 18, 2003, at 06:15 PM, John Evans wrote:
> Does this sound reasonable? Does opening the case change the quality
> of the
> Newt (not as snug of a fit of the case parts)? Also, if the rattling
> is from
> the piece of lower eject button, it sure would have had to migrate a
> ways to
> get to the top.
>
> Thoughts? Suggestions? I'm anxious to play with my newt, oy!

theres a rattle in the top part of my newt as well. there is just a
some mechanical parts that have some play. it is _not_ a problem. i
open up my newt all the time, the case reassembles quite well. if they
replace the pc card eject mechanism it'll be good as new.

_do not_ be anxious about the newt. its tough. plus, its a pda, so much
is lost if you have to baby it like an ibook. (blech)

andrew.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html