[NTLK] [ANN] Ringer

From: Daniel Padilla (dproldan_at_telefonica.net)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 18:54:30 PST

    This program turns your newton into an expensive and customizable
telephone ringer. In case you didn't know what to do with that old MP120.
:-)

   It connects to the telephone line using a PCMCIA card and detects when
you are receiving a call. It will signal this call with different actions:

    - Backlight will flash on and off .
    - It will play any system sound you have installed, they can be simple
OS beeps, your favorite StarWars sound and even MP3 sound icons built with
the different utilities available. The volume will be the same as the
alarms volume in your preferences.
    - It will open a big flashing picture.

    Usually, you'll want to connect it in parallel with a regular phone,
using a phone line doubler.

    It's (or will be soon) available from the incoming UNNA directory:

http://guelph.unna.org/incoming

Let me know if you have any problem with it or if you have an idea to
improve it (easily). If you think your modem supports caller ID, please,
let me know and maybe we can put this function on the newton.
Tested with a MP2000 and three different PCMCIA cards.

Enjoy!

Daniel Padilla

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html