Re: [NTLK] I just made a Newton website.

From: Jeremy Wiles (screwjack_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 21:29:46 PST

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Robert Benschop wrote:

> On dinsdag, maa 18, 2003, at 18:43 Europe/Amsterdam, Laird S. Maresch
> wrote:
>
> > Just out of curiosity... How is the JK sales Newton? Are they really
> > Brand
> > new for they are asking for around 400.00 for them.
>
> $ 499 actually, but those are new, mostly for collectors IMHO. The
> others are really worthwhile, click on the Newton and on 2100 used and
> you'll see them for 189 and 149 respectively, very good value and, so
> far reported to the list, they are in the condition as listed or better.
>

> Robert Benschop
>
> --
> List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html

Having recently purchased my first newton (a $189 2100) from JK Sales, I
couldn't agree more. The case is in near perfect condition with only some
minor wear on the corners and a couple of small scuffs on the back. The
screen is nearly flawless with only a slight 1cm scratch that I seriously
doubt anyone other than the most neurotic techno-perfectionist (like me)
would ever even notice. So far, it's been flawless functionally. a great
value IMO.

Terrific customer service too. UPS tried to lose my package and John May
tracked it down and made it right.

I just tried out the "Build your own 2100" option from them as well to
purchase a backup unit.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html