Re: [NTLK] Network connect utility

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Sun Mar 23 2003 - 07:50:20 PST

Anthony Vernier wrote:
> Well, I've got my Network card installed and my Newt recognises it (yippy).
> Now I need to test the link.
>
> I usually use NCU via serial for my connection to my Windoze desktop but,
> NCU will not connect via ethernet.
>
> Which connection utility does work over ethernet? Or can someone suggest
> another why to browze my local network and move data (*.rtf or *.htm) to my
> little green buddy.

There's a product for Windows called NewtShare, that basicially installs a
simple web server on your PC and serves up any data you like to your Newton
via a web browser (NetHopper, Newt's Cape, Lunasuite):

http://www.beckedorf.net/Mainpage/NewtShare/newtshare.html

I can't access the above page, but you can download the package from UNNA:

http://de.unna.org/unna/windows/NewtShare/NewtShare.zip

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html