Re: [NTLK] [OT] OS X & Ink

From: John Charlton (johncharlton_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Mar 23 2003 - 18:03:38 PST

On Sunday, Mar 23, 2003, at 19:06 America/Montreal, Chris Ruprecht
wrote:

> How could they (Apple) mess this up so
> badly?
> I feel like I'm back on my MP120, just with a little less comfort. No
> tapping to move the insertion point, no ny -> ing correction, no ^ to
> insert
> a space, no auto-space after a word, no period (".") and the list goes
> on
> and on. I even have to learn some of these strange glyphs some people
> got
> used to, from the Palm (shudder). This is plain awful - has anybody any
> better experiences with this Ink stuff?

It's probably as good as can be expected, given that you're not
actually writing on the screen in screen coordinates. Had they done
that it might have been more useful. As it stands, any mistake causes
much more trouble in correction as the useful utilities are absent
(double-tap, write-over character, join and break, etc.) because they
don't have a location to apply to. Is the tablet PC as lame? I imagine
so, or worse.

Nevertheless nice to see that something lives on. Rosetta! Rosetta!

jc

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html