Re: [NTLK] Spam Arrest Verification for List Posting

From: Darrell Greenwood (lists1_at_telus.net)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 21:55:46 PST

Also FWIW, another list's view of Spam Arrest...

"What about anti-spam services?

We already take the steps necessary to keep spam off our lists.
Whatever filtering you do with your email software and your email
service is up to you.

That said, we take a dim view of anti-spam services such as Spam
Arrest that require the sender of a message to respond to a message
from the anti-spam service before allowing the recipient to receive
the posting. Such a service inconveniences anyone who posts to the
list and is unnecessary.

These are all closed lists, so there is no spam. Only those who have
requested a subscription and confirmed their subscription are allowed
to post. If that is not good enough for you, please don't
inconvenience our members by asking them to jump through hoops to
keep your mailbox spam free.

Any subscriber using this kind of anti-spam service will receive one
warning. If the situation is not resolved quickly, the subscriber
will be banned. The burden should be on the spammers, not innocent
list members."

Cheers,

Darrell

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html