Re: [NTLK] Special treatment for new.

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 00:26:58 PST

On Monday, March 24, 2003, at 07:28 PM, Anthony Vernier wrote:

> I know, why don't we just forgo sarcasm for the first few replies for
> the
> newbees.
Inconceivable.
> For example, "hard reset" as Jeff pointed out his choice of hammer. I
> think
> the flat side of the ballpeen better than the ball, since the ball
> might
> skip off. And the "20 pounder" would give you that easy filing
> ability...;)
I prefer the 8 pound sledge myself. although I have broken a few
hammer handles on my mp120.

> Tony.
> (who actually paid over $1000 for this newt and accessories, bought 6
> months before the fall...)
Say it proudly! Worth every penny!

Actually the only thing that DOES bug me about new users who paid
little for there Newton, is that they seem to think paying anything for
software is expensive. ie I only paid $75 for my Newton, why should
(fill in the blank) software cost $50. Of course those of us who are
used to old time prices for Newton and memory cards, tend to be less
price sensitive.

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html