Re: [NTLK] [OT] Re: Spam Arrest Verification for List Posting

From: Dylan Stewart (rxs015500_at_utdallas.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 22:04:07 PST

On 25.3.03 at 16:21:10 PST, Darrell Greenwood wrote:
> >You returned the reply unread.
>
> Because it was an arrogant, insulting email.

What part of "unread" do you not understand?

How was I in any way arrogant or insulting? If I have been, then I will
apologize, but I see nothing in my E-mail to you that is either of those. I
have been civil, and I would appreciate it if you would return the favor.
You are the one who was calling me unable to learn and stupid. _You_ are
the one flaming _me_ and ignoring my replies.

In all honesty, how is that any less rude than anything Robert has done? If
you agree that it isn't any better, then you have no right to tell him that
he is being rude.

> Reply made offlist via email.

I would do the same, but you seem to ignore that. Therefore, I am posting
my reply to a public forum.

I understand perfectly well how several types of E-mail lists work. I've
set some up myself. There is no fundamental difference between list E-mail
and private E-mail.

> Giving you these URLs of postings to the NTLK list which were posted
> previous to your recent post, is a waste of my time as you have
> demonstrated your inability to learn or even read the postings in a
> thread on which you are commenting.

I have read every single message in the thread. Some I have read several
times, in fact, in an attempt to better understand what people are saying.
I was hoping to understand why people think that this is rude, but I still
don't. In my opinion, it is nothing more than an inconvenience to us that
might prevent him from receiving massive amounts of junk E-mail. In fact, I
have been considering making a similar system to handle my own E-mail.

> I will nevertheless, so you will know how stupid you look in the eyes
> of other list members.
>
> <http://www.newtontalk.net/archive/newtontalk.2003-03/1339.html>
> <http://www.newtontalk.net/archive/newtontalk.2003-03/1340.html>

Other list members, eh? Funny, both of those posts seem to have been made
by you.

However, thank you for pointing out that NewtonTalk related E-mail could be
added to Robert's whitelist. I wonder if he is following this thread. If
so, he has doubtless added us already.

Again, if you have an actual claim that I was arrogant or insulting, then I
will apologize.

 Dylan Stewart AC5ZH

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html