[NTLK] Old newton user wants to get back...

From: newtonfan (newtonfan_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 21:41:59 PST

Hi all,
I used to use a MP2k, well, I've kept it safely for
now, but I'd really like to find out whats new with
the scene.
I'm keen on picking up an MP2100 but I thought I'd run
some concerns past you all first. I know that some of
it would have been covered before, so bare with me
please..
I'm running OS X on my ibook. Would I be able to synch
with my MP2x? Would of course want to synch addresses,
calendars, to-do lists etc. Import word docs as well.
Hopefully spreadsheets, but thats not a must. Can be
done? What are the software and hardware required?
MP3s. Read a recent article that said that the MP was
now able to hook up to iTunes. Huge wow. Whats that
all about? What would I need?
Internet. I've a Nokia 6610, which is a GPRS cell
phone. Any chance I do use that to hook up the MP to
the internet? Nothing too heavy, just would like to
access some news sites, google, check email etc.
Again, what would I need?

And finally. When I left the scene, PIXSolution was
offering an accelerator upgrade for the MP2x series.
Any feedback on that?

Any useful links that I should know about?

Thanks a ton in advance to all.

Hope to be able to get back to the newton scene soon.

Best regards

Alvin