Re: [NTLK] How do you use your Newton?

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 06:15:36 PST

on 03/28/03 12:15 AM, Jeff Abbott at jabbott_at_ninewire.net wrote:

> I'm unfortunately using my Newton 2100 less than I should, because I
> found doing certain things on it to be too much of a pain. So perhaps
> a related question is where have you tried to use your Newton and not
> succeeded. :-) (Although I don't want to sound overly negative--but
> getting your Newton to fulfill its promise as an uber-PDA can take a
> lot of time and work.)

Biggest failure I've had is really a two-fold problem. I've always wanted
to sync my Newt with the Day-Timer s/w on my Mac and then print the pages
for my paper Day-Timer. Well the first part is that sync-ing w/ the
Day-Timer s/w requires that I spend some unknown chunk of time and figure
out the mapping between NCU and Day-Timer. The second (non-Newt-related) is
that the Day-Timer s/w is quite old and never was that great at printing
pages that look exactly like those that are already in the Day-Timer.

Anyway, the end result is that the Newt hasn't "taken over" for me the way
it has for so many others.

The second thing I've always wanted to do but haven't managed to learn is to
write some of my own modules for Formulas.

Having said all that, Notes + calculators + reading things makes my 130
worthwhile anyway.

- Eric.

What if the 'Hokey-Pokey' really IS what it's all about??
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html