Re: [NTLK] "Tree" PIM software for Newton?

From: Newtvana (newton_at_ordersomewherechaos.com)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 11:13:05 PST

>>> Can anyone point me to a PIM that runs on the Newton, that organizes
>>> information in a tree type structure?
>>
>> I just use the Outline mode of NotePad to organize things as I want
>> them. As for Sync'ing to OS X, I just have NewtSync download the
>> entire Notes Soup (for backup), or I e-mail the note to my iBook.
>
> You mentioned backing up the Notes Soup using NewtSync. I've done
> that myself, but was wondering if there were a way to restore that
> info?... I know it creates an xml file, mine was called "Notes
> Soup.plist". What can read xml files in their proper form?

Perhaps 'Syncing' is too kind. It's more just a backup. I haven't tried
restoring back to the Newton with this file. I figured that if push
came to shove and I needed to do that, I would probably do it by hand.

Although, it sounds like John is reworking the AppleScript Plugin API
so that any wanker can do this sort of thing.

...Ross...

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html