[NTLK] Battery Cover Repair

From: jeffrey_at_nacnud.com
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 15:17:55 PST

Anybody need a fix for their battery cover not staying closed. For the price
of a stamp I can send you a part to super-glue on and that will solve you
woes.

I just recieved my MP130 in the mail and the battery cover didn't stay closed
as the little tab in the middle had broken off. I assume this is common.
The previous owner had used velcro to hold the cover on.

I sell lasers for a living and figured I could just cut one of these parts.
Voila! Works like a charm. Sand/remove the old broken stub, super-glue the
new part on (it's a copy of the broken part), hold it for 30 seconds, and
you've got a battery cover that works like new.

Anyway, I'm not trying to make money on this, It just took me 5 seconds to
make one and just 3 minutes to make 30, so I made 30 figuring others might
have had this problem.

Jeffrey_at_nacnud.com

Brought to you by nacnudMail using TWIG. http://www.nacnud.com

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html