Re: [NTLK] [OT] [Expose'] Poutine: Elaborate French-Canadian Ruseor Co

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 17:15:51 PST

on 28/03/03 19:35, Michael Blazer at m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca wrote:

> on 28/03/2003 9:48 AM, Scott Clitheroe at scott_at_clitheroe.ca wrote:
>
>> Another little known fact (for people outside of eastern Canada) is that
>> fresh curds should squeak when you munch on them (they are tasty on their
>> own)... similar to the squeak the newt gives off when you hold the pen down
>> and highlight items (at least on my 120)
>
> At last - the Poutine/Newton connection revealed! The "[OT]" designation
> will no longer be required on any poutine-related threads. ;-)
>
> Michael
>
> P.S. It's true - they do squeak. I thought I just had weird teeth.

I concur, they squeak. And I'm glad we finally discovered the missing link
from the poutine to the Newton! I guess that we'll have to add something in
the FAQ at some point :-o

-Laurent.

dangling pointer n.: [common] A reference that doesn't actually lead
anywhere (in C and some other languages, a pointer that doesn't actually
point at anything valid). Usually this happens because it formerly pointed
to something that has moved or disappeared. Used as jargon in a
generalization of its techspeak meaning; for example, a local phone number
for a person who has since moved to the other coast is a dangling pointer.
Compare dead link.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html