Re: [NTLK] Soybo 1.0.0 Product Announcement -- 3/28/2003

From: Adam Tow (tow_at_tow.com)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 05:59:05 PST

Mark:

>I concur. Question: what about security? If I use an application to
>publish on the web, how do I keep data confidential?

Security is an important consideration when setting up your Soybo server.
You could install OpenSSL on your server, create and self-sign a
certificate and get SSL protection on your server. This is probably the
best solution, but it requires a browser that supports SSL that won't barf
when it sees a self-signed certificate.

You can also limit access to the server via IP addresses. You can block
ranges of IP addresses for particular users and groups. In the future,
you'll be able to block access to particular devices/web browsers.

-adam

--
Adam Tow <adam_at_tow.com>
tow.com <http://www.tow.com/>