Re: [NTLK] Help! Still can't get wireless!!

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 10:45:20 PST

on 29/03/03 13:32, Ben Klang at ben_at_alkaloid.net wrote:

> Silly question probably, but you have checked to make sure that both
> devices are using the same SSID (network name) and channel? Barring
> that, how about setting a static IP and see if you can ping the newton
> from a wired computer (I don't know of a way to ping from a Newton. Are
> there any Newton network testing utilities? If not, any developer
> interested in taking up a challenge? :-D)

There are no 'ping' utility on the Newton. Anybody knows of free source that
could maybe be used? The problem on the Newton is to understand the
connection framework used to make IP calls, which I don't know at all...

-Laurent.

fear and loathing n.: [from Hunter S. Thompson] A state inspired by the
prospect of dealing with certain real-world systems and standards that are
totally brain-damaged but ubiquitous -- Intel 8086s, or COBOL, or EBCDIC, or
any IBM machine bigger than a workstation. "Ack! They want PCs to be able to
talk to the AI machine. Fear and loathing time!"
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html