Re: [NTLK] DuoDock.

From: Kenton A. Hoover (shibumi_at_marchordie.org)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 12:18:04 PST

Yep, my Pismo did exactly the right thing. What I need to do is finish the
app that unmounts everything on sleep and remounts it on wake; I can't be
the only person suffering from this.

--On Saturday, March 29, 2003 13.54 -0600 "David M. Ensteness"
<denstene_at_mac.com> wrote:

> Strange, older PowerBooks [FireWire/2000/Pismo] wake up and then return
> to sleep when you do that - if its plugged in. I also have a TiBook 15"
> and it does not panic if I unplug USB devices during sleep - lot of
> people have this issue?
>
> David
>
> On Saturday, March 29, 2003, at 01:40 PM, Kenton A. Hoover wrote:
>
>> The version of MacOS at the time had problems dealing with hardware
>> changes
>> (like display device) once the machine had booted. Hence, the dock
>> forced
>> the reboot.
>>
>> Nice idea, flawed implementation. OS X has a simular problem -- if you
>> disconnect USB devices while slept, the new machines (15" TiBook) will
>> hit
>> a kernel panic. Very irritating.
>
> --
> List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html

|    Kenton A. Hoover / Private Citizen / shibumi_at_marchordie.org   |
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html