[NTLK] OT Need ethernet help on 5400!

From: John Acuff (jacuff1_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 16:46:38 PST

Desperately seeking help getting my ethernet working on my 5400
(upgraded from 5200). It worked fine with the PDS card that was on the
old 5200 board, but when I upgraded to the 5400 board, it came with a
CS II card which didn't seem to work. The seller sent me another CS II
card, but I could not get it to work either. I did check to be sure it
had the CS extension installed and enabled. I finally gave up in
frustration and installed an Apple Fast Ethernet 10/100 PCI card and
removed the CS card. Still no joy! I then went into the Extension file
again and disabled both the LC and CS ethernet extensions and left the
built-in ethernet extension on. And yes, I did reset the CUDA switch
after swapping cards. According to ASP, it says a PCI card is
installed, but it can't identify it. I am running OS 9. TCP/IP only
gives me the option of PPP, or MacIP. Any help would be much
appreciated!
I apologize for the OT post, but I don't know where else to turn.
Apple's KB didn't help, and neither did my Sad Macs book. Off-list
replies would probably be best.
TIA
John
"Got Newt!"