Re: [NTLK] DuoDock

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 21:18:13 PST

On Saturday, March 29, 2003, at 10:04 AM, kwshoes wrote:

>> From: "mimi.cipollone" <mimi.cipollone_at_sympatico.ca>the bowerbook
>> will not "catch" when slid into duo dock
> Jon Glass' response is probably more useful, BUT ...
>
> I once bought a Duo/DuoDock and had a similar problem -- until I
> realized
> that you have to open the door on the back of the Duo for it to be
> able to
> engage the internal connector. Doh!
Actually the dock is supposed to open that cover automagically, so it's
not you being dumb.

Try slamming the book into the dock 10 times or so(with the back cover
ope :~>). If it never catches at all, it probably is the docks power
supply. They are crap.

If it catches once in this process, then it probably is the motor which
actuates pulling the duo in. I have replaced these before...

Good Luck.
Marty

PS there is indeed a battery in the duo, and it's not your problem.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html