[NTLK] The Amazing Removable Interconnect Port

From: Hans Derycke (hans_at_derycke.com)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 18:38:23 PST

So tonight I thought, let's load some packages and backup the old Newt.
I plugged it in, but the connection couldn't be established. It's
acting up, I thought, and pulled out the cable. Amazingly enough, the
interconnect port came out of the Newt with the cable. That's odd, I
thought, and pushed it back in. Well, needless to say, it went in too
far.

OK, I thought, let's just put it back in place. Unhampered by knowledge
of electronics, I opened up the machine, only to find out the port was
behind the circuit board. It would take a greater fool than me to take
out the circuit board, I decided, but not after turning the thing
upside down. That when 'it' fell out. 'It' is a small piece of plastic,
cross-shaped, with a slit in one of the legs. It looks like a tab of
sorts, and I've no idea where it goes.

So, two questions: where does 'it' go, and how can I fix the
interconnect port?

--
Hans Derycke
E pur si muove