Re: [NTLK] Soybo

From: Jens Baumeister (jensbaumeister_at_web.de)
Date: Mon Mar 31 2003 - 11:37:49 PST

On Montag, M=E4rz 31, 2003, at 08:46 Uhr, Andrew Diller wrote:

> Like most things, it's the software that needs to still be written.=20
> Soybo
> is cool, but xml-rpc has been around for a while. its just some glue,=20=

> a web
> interface (via php) and an AAA backend (which is using mysql!).

Everyone keeps talking about how Soybo's supposedly XML-RPC-based, but=20=

is there actually any XML-RPC used for the basic tasks in Soybo?

The docs on the website make it look as if XML-RPC is just another way=20=

to access the server, not something that's part of the core=20
functionality, i.e. you could call services via XML-RPC instead of=20
using the web frontend.

After all, when you access it via web, there's no XML-RPC going on=20
between browser and server, and the local PHP install should be able to=20=

call the scripts directly without resorting to XML-RPC.

Jens Baumeister

All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html