Re: [NTLK] WiFi Printing with a Newt?

From: George Bingham (george.bingham_at_newted.net)
Date: Fri May 02 2003 - 15:05:56 PDT

On Fri, May 2, 2003 Gert Menke wrote:
>I have netatalk on my Linux server and can print to any printer that is
>supported by my CUPS installation. (I use the gimp-print-cups drivers for
>my Canon BJC 6200.) The Newton thinks its a Laserwriter and the Linux box
>converts the PostScript data to the printer's format.

Interesting!

But what's the mechanism that makes whatever printer it is look like a laser writer?

I have a Next machine, a Next laser printer, and can run Caper (Netatalk for Mach). So do I have everything I need to print from my Newton to the laser printer?

 (I do already have the Newton set to backup & do simplemail on this network, etc.)

I'll work on that tonight and let you all know.

Later,

George

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html