Re: [NTLK] Problems installing with Escale 1.0.1

From: Karl and Kathleen (kapri_at_cfl.rr.com)
Date: Mon May 05 2003 - 08:59:19 PDT

> Did you try over AppleTalk or TCP/IP or MNP Serial?

I tried AppleTalk and TCP/IP.

I use a 3com 3CCE589ET card for the Apple talk connection. Escale sees
the Newton and retrieves the name, but just hangs up when I try to use
one of the functions.

I use an Orinoco Silver card for wireless TCP/IP connections. When I
connect it asks what computer I want to connect to. I choose the only
one I have set up. I tries to connect but returns and says that it
cannot connect to the server. I have tried opening the port it wants
to connect on as well as turning off the firewall all together.

BTW I am using a mac with OS 10.2.5.

thanks,

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html