Re: [NTLK] Upgrade to 2100?

From: Technoir Support (technoir_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon May 05 2003 - 10:52:50 PDT

On Lundi, mai 5, 2003, at 03:27 AM, Jeremy Wiles wrote:

> I just acquired a near mint MP2000 (which I haven't yet received) and
> I'm
> wondering if I should upgrade it to a 2100.
<snip>
> I would consider my overall daily usage to be 'light to moderate';
> daily
> notes and appointments, occasional web and email with ethernet. No
> interface addons, possibly Mah jong now and then. What sort of usage
> commonly requires
> freezing and unfreezing apps to reclaim heap on a stock 2000?

<snip>
> jer

you will certainly want to consider the upgrade. i have been using a
stock mp2k for 2 years. everything about it is great except for the
memory. the mp2k is a little lobotomized in the memory aspect. my newt
freezes daily, i know that it has not 'crashed' when this happens
becasue if the keyboard is plugged in i can just tap the keys to
'revive' the newt [seems to be screen refresh issues] but on the go
[without the keyboard] it just freezes and i have to reboot, much more
often than i would like. internet stuff seems esp hard on the memory.
i am awaiting a GEM 2100 board, and frankly i can't wait.

my 0.02 euros

scotty technoir

ps in the meantime get a freeze utility and manage your pkgs that way.
not a true solution but it helps.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html