Re: [NTLK] Problems installing with Escale 1.0.1

From: Technoir Support (technoir_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon May 05 2003 - 11:16:46 PDT

On Lundi, mai 5, 2003, at 12:28 PM, Robert Benschop wrote:

> On maandag, mei 5, 2003, at 17:11 Europe/Amsterdam, Laurent Daudelin
> wrote:
>> Anybody got the latest Escale 1.0.1, besides Paul and the 2 other
>> people, to
>> work at installing packages over AppleTalk?

i hope im not one of those people..

> Over the last weekend I understood from Paul (off-list) that the
> Appletalk part of Escale isn't that hot yet, did you try over TCP/IP?
> (I can get that to work, sometimes...)

...but i found that appletalk was the most reliable method of
connecting to escale 1.0. With 1.0.1 i am using tcp because it works
now! But i just tried Appletalk and it worked ok as well. escale
installed jig and phoney just fine, although both times when the
transfer was complete, the connection broke and newton Dock gave error
-28009 [and escale crashed trying to disconnect].
OTOH escale has TCP/IP running nicely. Well done Paul.
by the way google translation says escale means "stopover" =]

scotty t

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html